How to apply
To enrol in the Master’s programme in Engineering Physics one is required to:
- have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree (undergraduate students are also eligible provided that they will be awarded a BSc’ degree by the enrolment deadline)
- provide an English proficiency certificate (details on the required level are available in the Guide to English language;
- submit the admission application within the period of time indicated by University
The admission to the programme is subject to a formal assessment of the candidate’s application. The Faculty members in charge of admission to the MSc’s programme evaluate each candidate’s academic curriculum as well as additional complementary experiences – work experiences, academic exchanges abroad, extracurricular activities. Candidates are then admitted on the basis of the assessment of their past experiences (academic and beyond) and on the suitability of their qualification.
In particular, the admission to the MSc Engineering Physics programme sets a minimum threshold for the candidate’s grade point average (GPA). The weighted average of the marks of the exams taken during the BSc’s programme (where the weights are the ECTS of each exam) is requested to be greater than S, where:
- S=21.50/30 for BSc graduates in the courses of Politecnico di Milano in Engineering Physics, Electronic Engineering, Materials and Nanotechnology Engineering
- S=22/30 for BSc graduates in any other course of Politecnico di Milano
- S=23/30 for BSc graduates in Engineering coming from other Universities
- S=22/30 for BSc graduates in Physics or Material Science
- Admission of candidates with other BSc’s degrees are assessed based on their curriculum.
Further information concerning the curricular requirements as well as details for a self-evaluation of suitability are available in the Teaching Regulation of the Master’s Degree Programme.
All information regarding deadlines and how to apply can be found at the Guidance webpage (Italian only) of Politecnico di Milano.
Faculty Members in charge of MSc Admissions
Prof. Giacomo GhiringhelliEmail: email@example.com
Tel: (+39) 02 2399 6067
Prof. Paolo LaportaEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: (+39) 02 2399 6096